Year Round Opportunities
Throughout its history, Drift Creek Camp has depended on volunteers to operate. Constituents have provided support in all areas for six decades! There are opportunities to volunteer time, service or professional skills. Each year, volunteers provide thousands of hours of service. Our hope is that such strong volunteer support will continue for years to come…
DCC recruits volunteers to help with a variety of projects, such as helping provide food service throughout the year. Because the DCC budget is tight and food service needs are sporadic, it has not been feasible to hire year-round food service staff. There may be stretches of weeks or months where food service help is not needed, then other times when the demand is frequent and our small staff is spread too thinly. Our hope is to build a pool of volunteers who can assist when demands are high. Instructions are posted in the kitchen and recipes are provided. The camp staff takes care of purchasing and delivering the groceries, but help is needed to prepare and serve meals. (Typically a weekend group eats breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and brunch on Sunday. The menu is consistent throughout the year.) Now that normal operations are resuming post-Covid, we are also interested in hiring a couple of people who could be “on call” on a regular basis to assist in the kitchen and be compensated. To inquire, contact email@example.com or call 971-600-1244.
DCC depends on volunteers to gather and cut firewood, fill pot holes, paint, repair equipment, clean facilities, and maintain trails. We always appreciate extra help to not only lighten the load, but to make the work more fun! In addition to manual labor, DCC depends on volunteers for programming. We need pastors, nurses, artists, story tellers, song leaders, and naturalists. We need graphic designers and photographers for publications and writers to apply for grants. We are looking for childcare providers, tech support and scientists. Gardeners willing to share produce with staff are appreciated. We need people to serve on committees, plan programs and recruit volunteers. We need artists, scrap bookers and memory-keepers. We need quilters to sew comforters to add to camp’s supply of bedding. Tell us your skills and interests and we will find the job that’s right for you.
DCC tries to make the volunteer experience enjoyable! We invite anyone interested to lend a hand. It’s not scary! Perhaps you are looking for volunteer opportunities for your family? Group of friends? Sunday School class? Private sleeping space is reserved for volunteers. Having regular volunteer support significantly lightens the load for year-round staff. Would your group partner with Drift Creek’s ministry for a weekend?
Volunteer support sustains Drift Creek Camp. Please consider this opportunity to get involved and help create a fabulous Drift Creek Camp experience for others.
DCC is currently seeking to hire additional Camp Hosts. This is a year-round position. Housing, a monthly stipend, and some meals are included in the compensation package. We’d love to talk with you more about this opportunity. Please give us a call at 971-600-1244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this position or follow these links: Camp Host Job Description, Camp Host Employment Application.
Donors can lend a hand in supporting operations through the items on the wish list:
- OFFICE: postage stamps, printer paper, envelopes!
- GROUNDS: 4-wheeler, new wheel barrow, new heavy-duty trash cans with lids, electric hedge trimmer.
- MAINTENANCE: We will soon need to replace camp’s 4-wheel drive truck for hauling trash, wood, etc.
- PROGRAM: We would LOVE to add picture books to the camp library that include more diversity! If you have picture or chapter books to donate, they are much appreciated. The counselors read to campers during quiet time and in the evenings. It would be great to have books that reflect camp’s values of love for neighbor, caring for God’s creation, peace and justice.
- HOSPITALITY: We would love to have 4 new sets of queen sheets that are all the same color, and any color but off-white/cream, so that it’s easy to know which size you are giving to guests. We’d also love several sets of shelves to use for bedding storage on third floor.
Volunteers are needed to help with the following:
- Install the repaired bridge gate, which was damaged by a bus!
- Installing new tiles in 2nd floor women’s restroom showers.
- Plumbers to elevate the shower heads in 2nd floor women’s restroom showers. (This will need to be done on the men’s side too.)
- Electricians to install new bathroom lighting.
- Folks to clear ditches along the camp road!