Summer Camp Staff and Volunteers
Drift Creek’s summer programming depends on the helping hands of volunteers. We are grateful for the generosity of those willing to share their God-given gifts and skills to enrich camp programs. Volunteer opportunities include serving as a pastor, nurse, cook, crafts teacher, naturalist, photographer, and special activities leaders. If you have creative ideas on how you could contribute, please contact us! We have several basic goals for the staff and campers in our summer camp program. These goals include:
- Setting aside time to nourish personal faith journeys and reflection.
- Unplugging from every-day distractions to focus on God.
- Learning to be the “hands and feet of Jesus” through service to one another.
- Worship under starry skies and tall trees.
- Discovering God’s goodness through the JOY of community.
- Building lifelong friendships & allowing time for self-reflection.
- Fostering the practice of stewardship through Creation Care.
Camp highlights include polar bear swimming, hikes through ancient forests, tubing “The Loop”, and group games like Capture the Flag! Each day begins & ends with morning chapels in the amphitheater surrounded by towering trees and evening firesides enveloped with starry night views. We find that smaller programs provide more opportunities for building meaningful relationships so camps are small with 50-85 campers per session (fewer for Parent & Me).
Summer staff positions include:
Cabin Counselor (age 18 and up) – Counselor Information Flyer, Job Description
Leadership Team – Job Description
Teen Volunteer (age 13-17) – Job Description
Teen Volunteer Coordinator – Job Description
Camp Naturalist – Job Description
Lifeguard (age 18 and up)
Click here for Summer Staff Application 2022
Compensation: Summer employment at DCC is voluntary service. DCC provides staff with a stipend to help with expenses as well as on-site benefits.
Meals and lodging
$300 per session for staff (18+ yrs. old) that attend orientation
$250 per session for staff (18+ yrs. old) that do not attend orientation
$100 stipend for Parent & Me Camp